Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Just One Reason I Love Italian Greyhounds (Iggys)!

Dogs in general are great. There is much to like about dogs when comparing them to people. But that is a discussion for another time.

Of all the breeds of dog why do I like Italian Greyhounds so much? Simple. These delightful little dogs are wonderful companions. 

My beloved Alec waited for me to get home so he could follow me around. Regardless of where I took up occupancy at home, little Alec had a place to sleep if he could not convince me of his need to occupy my lap or be held while he took his nap. Can you think of a single person who desires to be in your company this much?

Mind you, this can get to be a bit much. Iggys will follow you into the bathroom, interrupt human activity you would prefer not to be interrupted (ahem) and even make a good faith effort to follow you into the shower.

There are times when you would prefer to be alone with your thoughts and your faithful Iggy simply has other ideas.

Yet these inconveniences are worth it when weighing the value of these small dogs desire to be your companion and in your company. Most of the time after being held and petted for a few minutes they are content to sleep next to you or in your lap (I did say most of the time). Even better from the Iggy's view point is a nice nap under a blanket with its human.

If you don't own a dog, or are not currently in the possession of an Italian Greyhound, but are looking for a dog who needs to be a companion, you might want to look into being adopted by an Italian Greyhound. You will never lack for companionship again.

No comments:

Post a Comment